Why may your child need therapy at Active Strides?
At Active Strides our therapists are movement specialists for babies, children and young adults . We assist in many aspects of child physical and neurological development, using DMI Therapy and play based interventions to get the best outcomes. This means as ‘kid therapists’ we have strong hands on skills and use huge doses of fun, creativity and playfulness to develop individualised programs to benefit each child. We work with families, carers, other health professionals, teachers and educators to optimise treatment.
The aim of all our programs is to ensure that we enable every child to move and participate in everyday activities, in and outside of school. This in turn helps strengthen a child’s general health and wellbeing.
At Active Strides we commonly assess and treat the following Paediatric conditions:
- Delayed Gross Motor Development (delayed or dysfunctional) such as sitting, crawling, standing, walking, running, jumping.
- Hypermobility and low tone
- Developmental Coordination Disorder (clumsiness, poor balance and coordination)
- Gait anomalies e.g. Toe walking, pigeon toe (in toeing), bowed leg or knock knee.
- Children with disabilities ie. cerebral palsy, Down Syndrome, autism, brain injury, muscular dystrophies, or other congenital syndromes or conditions.
- Scoliosis/Postural related problems in children
- Growing pains
The goals and outcomes of Paediatric Therapy are:
- To diagnose and treat an acute or chronic injury, in order to return to activities of daily living.
- To assess and facilitate better movement patterns.
- To assist with developmental or physical disabilities.
- To develop the fundamental skills required for all types of physical activity, in order to improve their coordination, balance, flexibility, agility and joint specific conditioning.
- To introduce good movement patterning in order to prevent biomechanical injuries through development.
How do we do this:
We have a large toolbox of resources and skills in order to ensure your child receives the best therapy.